PNWBA Classes
 Rub Bagby Swamp boys BBQ cooking class Aug 8th-9th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

5 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  10:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again all.

I'm in the process with Chris and Rub of trying to bring a swamp boys BBQ cooking class The Wed and Thursday the week of the Pig Jig Festival in Oak Harbor,WA would be $500.00 to attend both days. If anyone has had the opportunity to experience one of Rub's classes first hand can tell you he is very informative and hands on with his class and students and can help elevate your game to that next level rather if your a backyard king or seasoned comp cook.

A quick little run down and information on Rub and Swamp boys BBQ:

Swamp Boys are a Winter Haven FL based team, and now also championship BBQ sauce and rub producer. I began competing as a “pro” in 2004, was a Top 5 team in the Florida BBQ Association (FBA) in 2006 and 2007, was Team of the Year in 2008 and 2009, and am the new and current (2017) Team of the Year. We were ranked the #1 team in the country for all of 2009 by the National BBQ Rankings. We were ranked #1 nationally again in 2013. We compete primarily in the southeast – FL, AL, GA, SC, NC and TN in both FBA and KCBS contests. We have won 56 professional Grand Championships and 46 Reserve Grand Championships. I was hired to go to Brazil to train and help open that country’s first ever American-Style Barbecue restaurant. I have taught professional BBQ classes from FL to IL to AZ, even The Hague, Netherlands. Hundreds of people from all over the country, Canada, and Europe have attended. I’ve been a spokesman for Kingsford Charcoal at the Daytona Firecracker 400 and the Steve Harvey Show. We competed in Season 4 of the TV show BBQ Pitmasters. There are many more honors. But to sum it up, we’ve been blessed.

Looking to see how much interest we have out there. Please email Jamesapar@gmail.com or Rub@swampboys.com and let us know you want Rub to come visit us here in the beautiful PACNW.

Fairly Odd BBQ Team
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000