PNWBA Events
 2018 Rib Rally
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Dale-Cider House

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2017 :  09:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dale-Cider House's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Pitmasters

At our event last year, while we did a great job on fund-raising for the charities we support, the turnout of teams to compete was pretty light. Has this event lived out its usefulness or is there interest in keeping it going. We generally have room for 10-12 teams, last year I think we had just 7.

I would be happy to run it again but need to know there is interest. Because of my schedule, it would have to occur in February or early April (not likely in April because it starts to bump against other events). Let me know by responding here or sending me an email at vancguy@hotmail.com

If you show your interest, that is NOT a promise on your part that you will compete, but, that would help in my decision making.

thanks

Dale Groetsema
Legends of NW BBQ
Leukemia Sucks, Too BBQ
Cider House BBQ

ptldrabbit

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2017 :  11:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As someone that has been involved in the Rib Rally from the start, I encourage pitmasters of all levels of experience to consider taking part in this Face the Judges event. It's a once a year opportunity to get direct feedback from our certified judges.

While I can't make any promises, as your results may vary . . .

Last year a team attended this event and went on to become the PNWBA New Team of the Year and finished in the top 10 of our TOY standings.

Jane Biehl
PNWBA President
PNWBA Head Judge
PNWBA CBJ# 200214
KCBS CBJ# 53194
Go to Top of Page

cspellman

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new to just about all of this and don't even have a team name or dues paid for PNWBA membership yet (never even participated in a competition before) but I would love to participate.

Chris Spellman

(Still working on a team name)
WSM 22.5, 2009 Traeger Lil Tex Elite, 18" Weber Kettle, 2 Weber Smokey Joes
Go to Top of Page

RoxxBoxxBBQ

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2017 :  2:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoxxBoxxBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would love to give it a go Dale. All depends on my work schedule at that time so it's hard to commit 100%.

John Spevak
Roxx Boxx BBQ
Go to Top of Page

SMOKE324

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would attend again. Thinking of some big changes for ribs this year and this is the perfect place to get some valuable feedback!

SMOKE324 BBQ Cooking Team
Go to Top of Page

kstral

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  9:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric and I have judged this event the last couple of years and it is a great event for everyone. We live 10 minutes from the firehouse and are happy to help in any way we can. Please let us know what you may need.
Karen and Eric Stral
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000