New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

SCcountryboi357

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  12:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings
My name is Keon Edwards and i'm from the Great State of South Carolina, but i've been here in WA for almost 8 yrs. I smoked my first Turkey at the age of 10 however i didn't know what i was actually doing so of course it burned (told to watch the flame and it will cook itself). 25 years later im back at it. I've been grilling all my life but actually got back to smoking 5 yrs ago. I wouldn't call myself a pro but i think im a little bit above a rookie . Im Looking forward to getting to know and learn from some of you experts! I have smoked for family, friends, and company functions but never in a real competition.
I would like to join a team or at least do a ride along on a couple of the upcoming events to learn the ropes of how competitions go. Any takers??? Does anyone know where I can get/ purchase good quality wood locally? I've been going to Seattle using the guy at cookingwoods.com but if there is a company or someone closer to the Tacoma area I would appreciate that info.

Hope to hear from you soon

v/r
Keon E.

SCcountryboi357

ckelly

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  1:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit ckelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome! I was going to suggest cookingwoods.com myself but I see you're already familiar with them.
Not sure of anybody in the south end that deals strictly with cooking woods.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000