Call for Judges!
IN CENTRAL PARK - SUTHERLIN, OR
EVENT DATE: SUNDAY July 16th, 2023
This is a new PNWBA competition in Southern Oregon that is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event. This event is part of a larger event with a National Cornhole tournament and concert venue. This is also a BBQ vending event and has a total prize purse of $10,000 or more.
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event. It is helpful to know your judging number. You can view this by clicking on your profile and looking at your membership information prior to registering.
At this time, we are planning on 4 judging tables, but that number may be adjusted up or down depending on updated team count. We strongly recommend that if you are asked to be on the waiting list to please sign up in case it expands. Judges will be selected based on earliest signup date.
We are currently looking for the following:
• 24 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
• 4 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
• 7-8 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a additional tables. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.Event Management:
- Organizer: Terry Brock
- PNWBA Board Representative: Dale Groetsema
- PNWBA Head Judges: Jane Biehl & Steve Rubin
PNWBA BBQ Prize Pool:
$10,000 Prize Pool
Final prize distribution pending
REQUIRED Judges Meeting:
- Pork Ribs
- Sunday July 16th at 10:00 AM. Get here a bit early to participate with the teams in the Jack shot.
- Awards on Sunday July 16th at 5:00pm (or earlier pending awards processing)
Load out times:
- Sunday July 16th After the awards ceremony
Turn-in Times on Sunday July 16th:
- 10:55 am to 11:04:59 am – Pork
- 11:55 am to 12:04:59 pm - Brisket
- 12:55 pm to 1:04:59 pm - Chicken
- 1:55 pm to 2:04:59 pm - Ribs
150 Willamette Street
Sutherlin, Oregon 97479
RV and Hotel Accommodations:
Sutherlin has several hotel options, however, due to the Cornhole Tournament and other activities, we suggest you investigate and reserve hotel or camping accommodations sooner rather than later. You may have better availability looking a little further out in areas like Roseburg.