The PNWBA is the premier BBQ contest sanctioning body for BBQ contests in the northwest. We sanction events in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, California and in western Canada), but we are not limited to these areas. Established in 1991, the PNWBA is the second oldest BBQ association in the nation, with a significant base of cooks, certified judges, and a reputation for excellence in judging and organizing. Additional information on how to apply for event sanctioning is below.
What is included in your PNWBA Event sanctioning fees?
- Proprietary judging software and procedures to provide a fair and impartial event!
- Certified and trained BBQ judges. PNWBA provides the judge sign-up logistics and training.
- Judging supplies
- Team Sign-up Logistics
- Collect all fees and team signup information through our PNWBA Event management.
- Discussion forum provided for teams to ask questions prior to event on our website.
- Keep current team roll call list and notify teams of sign up deadlines on social media platforms.
- Event rep to help with team layout and load-in the day of the event. We don’t just show up to judge, we help you have a successful event!
- Trophies that help showcase your event.
- Head Judge travel costs
- We provide a long standing local BBQ team audience. The PNWBA is the first stop for local teams to stay up to date on BBQ events in the northwest through social media and our website.
- Event marketing on social media and PNWBA website to help spread the word about your great event!
BBQ Competition Expertise
- Local event rep to answer all your questions and help organize the event to ensure a smooth successful event! Using our years of expertise we provide event help from layout to sampling programs. We know how to help your attendees enjoy great BBQ.
- PNWBA reputation of impartial fair judging and well run events.
Support Local BBQ
- The PNWBA is a 100% volunteer run non-profit organization to help spread the love of BBQ! Fees don’t cover staff salaries or fancy office spaces!
- Local charity support. Supporting the PNWBA helps us perform feed the troop charity events and more.
- The PNWBA supports local teams at national BBQ events and Team of the Year awards.
If your organization is interested in hosting a sanctioned event download this Sanctioning Information Package.
Download the Sanctioning Application.
Fill out this form to contact the Events Coordinator.