Cattle Baron’s Buckaroo BBQ in Pendleton, OR
• PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Rubin
• PNWBA Head Judges: Jane Biehl and Steve Rubin
Contact info: Steve Rubin (206) 412-0877 text / message / cell. Email: email@example.com
• Pork Ribs
Pendleton Convention Center
Pendleton, OR 97801
Free parking in the Convention Center Lot. No admission fee.
At this time, we are planning on 3 judging table, but could change depending on team counts. We are looking for the following:
• 18 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA current paid members certified as PNWBA BBQ Judges. Should there still be openings, PNWBA CBJ's with lapsed membership will be used, then KCBS certified BBQ judges will be used.
• 3 Table Captains. Preference will be to PNWBA current paid members certified as Table Captains.
• 3-5 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our last event. Preference is always given to PNWBA members with current paid membership.
All judges and other helpers will be assigned positions at the venue. If you select ONLY to be a seated eating judge, it is not guaranteed. The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Masks must be always worn when indoors on Convention Center property. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
• Judges - Masks may be removed when judging the taste and texture phase of each entry.
• Table Captains and other volunteers - Masks are required at all times.
The BBQ portion of the event will be on Saturday, May 1st. This is a 3-meat one-day event so please note judge meeting and turn-in times.
12:45 pm - Please be at the location early.
1:00pm - Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
(Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after)
• 2:00pm - Tri-Tip
• 3:00pm - Chicken
• 4:00pm - Ribs
Awards are planned for 5:30pm. If you can stay, the teams and organizers appreciate your participation.
• Lots of Hotels, Motels, and Campgrounds in the Pendleton area for most budget levels.
• See: https://travelpendleton.com/