2022 BOTTLES, BREWS and BARBEQUES
IN Prosser, WA
EVENT DATE: JUNE 10th through 11th, 2022
Registration Deadline – June 8th, 2022
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event located in Prosser's Vintner's Village. This event returns after a two year Covid hiatus and has been a popular event on the PNWBA BBQ Competition Trail.
- Prosser Memorial Health Foundation
- Organizer: Shannon Hitchcock / Prosser Memorial Health Foundation
- PNWBA Board Representative: Eric Mendel
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- Eric Mendel - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Hitchcock - 509-786-6601
PNWBA BBQ Prize Pool:
$4,157 Prize Pool
- Grand Champion - $557
- Reserve Grand Champion - $300
- 1st - $225
- 2nd - $200
- 3rd - $175
- 4th - $125
- 5th - $100
- Pork Ribs
Load in times:
Friday June 10th, 2022 11am until 4:45pm. If there is an issue with loading in before the cooks meeting, contact Lance via cell to make arrangements.
- Friday June 10th from 1pm to 4:30pm.
REQUIRED Cook’s Meeting:
- Friday, June 10th 5:00 pm - 1 member from each cook team required to attend, no exceptions.
- Awards on Saturday, June 11th at 5:00pm (or earlier if processing completes earlier)
Load out times:
- Saturday, June 11th after the awards
11pm - 6am.
Turn-in Times on Saturday, June 11th:
- 10:55 am to 11:04:59 am – Pork
- 11:55 am to 12:04:59 pm - Brisket
- 12:55 pm to 1:04:59 pm - Chicken
- 1:55 pm to 2:04:59 pm - Ribs
Note that turn-in window is different for those who have competed in SCA events and turn-in order may be different than other organizations.
Vending (Optional, but encouraged):
- One team member must have current WA food handler card.
- Teams shall adhere to all Health Department requirements. Health Department will be inspecting on Saturday.
- Tokens will be exchanged for 2 oz samples (or 1 rib or piece of chicken). Sampling should be small 2 oz portions not meals or large portions.
- Sampling cups provided by organizer.
- Tokens have a $1 value.
- Teams keep 100% of sampling token value. Teams should follow sampling price list.
Set Price is as follows:
- Pork (2 oz sample) = 2 tokens ($2)
- Chicken thigh, leg, or wing = 2 tokens ($2)
- Brisket (2 oz) = 3 tokens ($3)
- Rib (1 bone) = 3 tokens ($3)
Current Covid safety protocols by the state, county and facility will be observed.
Please review the Team Rules Page, even if you are an experienced team. Each site will be inspected to meet these requirements. If you are a new to competition BBQ team or new to PNWBA competitions, we recommend visiting our New Team Info page.
Entry fee is $195.00 USD and is non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation by the event coordinator, $182.50 will be refunded from the entrant’s payment. Regardless of the situation, a designated amount of $12.50 from the entry fee is non-refundable to cover payment and event processing expenses.
Entry Payment Due:
Entry fees must be paid at the time of registration.
Power - provided, however is limited levels. It is suggested to bring a power generator as a backup.
Potable Water - provided by venue
Trash disposal – provided by venue
Ash disposal – provided by venue
Grease disposal – provided by venue
Grey water disposal – provided by venue
Team Event Size:
20x20 – If you require a larger footprint or can fit in a smaller footprint, contact the organizer.
357 Port Ave
Parking is in the back lot as prior years.
RV and Hotel Accommodations:
Prosser has several hotel options.