Call For Judges
Pendleton Cattle Barons Buckaroo BBQ Challenge
IN PENDLETON, OR
EVENT DATE: Saturday May 6TH, 2023
This is a fully sanctioned 1-day 3 meat PNWBA comp that is a third year event. Last year, everyone had a great time here and we would love to make it another great success this year!
Please come on out and support the organizers and teams by judging this competition.
- Organizer: Cattle Barons Buckaroo BBQ - Jeff LaBoy
- PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Rubin
- PNWBA Head Judges: Steve Rubin and Jane Biehl
Prize Pool:$5,000 Total Prize Pool
- Beef Tri-Tip
- Pork Ribs (Baby Backs)
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event.
At this time, we are planning on 3 judging tables, but will be adjusted based on updated team count.
We are looking for the following:
- 18 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges in good standing. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
- 3 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
- 3-4 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a 4th table. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.
Saturday, May 6th, 2023.
Please come early to help assist with setup and so you are there prior to the judges meeting.
Reminder - Please refrain from wearing fragrances, colognes, powders, body sprays before coming to the event. It's important that all seated judges be able to smell the food and not other judges.
11:45 am- Please be at the location early and allow time for parking, entrance and finding the judging area.
12:00 pm - Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 1:00pm – Tri-Tip
- 2:00pm – Chicken
- 3:00pm – Baby Back Pork Ribs
Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after each hour.
Awards on Saturday May 6th at 5:00 pm or when scores are tabulated.
Pendleton Convention Center
Pendleton, OR 97801