SKYKOMISH TUNNEL DAYS - Call for Judges/Volunteers
Event Date: June 19th, 2021
Registration Deadline - June 15th, 2021
• PNWBA Board Representative: Lance Rasmussen
• PNWBA Head Judges: Mike Marcum & Lance Rasmussen
Contact info: Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beef Tri-Tip
- Pork Ribs
Event Location, due to the number of teams, will be be on Railroad Avenue. Set your GPS to look for Onemish Lodge ( 108 W Railroad Ave N, Skykomish, WA 98288 ) and James Jones will be there to direct to your site. Plan on bringing a protective pad for your smoker if located on grass.
At this time, we are planning on 3 judging tables, but could change to be more or less depending on team counts. We are looking for the following:
• 18Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA current paid members certified as PNWBA BBQ Judges. Should there still be openings, PNWBA CBJ's with lapsed membership will be used, then KCBS certified BBQ judges will be used.
• 3 Table Captains. Preference will be to PNWBA current paid members certified as Table Captains.
• 3-5 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full. We may have an influx in teams requiring more seated judges and table captains. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our last event. Preference is always given to PNWBA members with current paid membership.
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Masks must be always worn when indoors. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
• Judges - Masks may be removed when judging the taste and texture phase of each entry.
• Table Captains and other volunteers - Masks and gloves are required at all times.
Event Date and time
11:45 am - Please be at the location early.
12:00pm - Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 1:00pm - Tri-Tip
- 2:00pm - Chicken
- 3:00pm - Ribs
Window is 5 minutes before the hour to 5 minutes after the hour.
Awards are planned for 5:30. If you can stay, the teams and organizers appreciate your participation.
• There are campsites near by and two hotels in the town.