LAST Call for judges!
Central Oregon BBQ, Brews & Whiskey Festival
Event Organizer: Lisa Wood Lisa@layitoutevents.com
PNWBA Board Representative: Bill Stock
PNWBA Head Judges: Steve Rubin and Jane Biehl
Contact info: Steve Rubin (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- Pork Ribs
Deschutes County Fairgrounds
3800 SW, SE Airport Way, Redmond, OR
Parking and venue information will be sent prior to the event
We are looking for the following:
• Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA current paid members certified as PNWBA BBQ Judges. Should there still be openings, PNWBA CBJ's with lapsed membership will be used, then KCBS certified BBQ judges will be used.
• Table Captains. Preference will be to PNWBA current paid members certified as Table Captains.
• Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full. We had to use several folks from the waitlist at our last event. Preference is always given to PNWBA members with current paid membership.
All judges and other helpers will be assigned positions at the venue. If you select ONLY to be a seated eating judge, it is not guaranteed. The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Currently, masks are not required outdoors in this jurisdiction, but may be required indoors (we will be judging outdoors). Local and State regulations in place at the time of the event will take precedence. Masks, when used, must cover nose and mouth.
• Judges - Masks, if worn, may be removed when judging the taste and texture phase of each entry.
• Table Captains and other volunteers - Masks are required at all times when serving meat.
Event Date and time
Sunday June 27, 2021
9:45 am - Please be at the location early.
10:00am - Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 11:00am - Pork
- 12:00pm - Brisket
- 1:00pm - Chicken
- 2:00pm - Ribs
Window is 5 minutes before the hour to 5 minutes after the hour.
Awards are planned for 4:30pm . If you can stay, the teams and organizers appreciate your participation.
• There are hotel / motel / camping accommodations nearby. The convention center also runs a campground. Please contact the organizer for details.