2022 Benton City Daze
IN Benton City, WA
EVENT DATE: Friday Sept 9th through Sat Sept 10th, 2022
Registration Deadline – Sept 7th, 2022
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event located in Benton City, WA. This event returns after a two year Covid hiatus and has been a popular event on the PNWBA BBQ Competition Trail.
This event is part of the Benton City Chamber of Commerce annual family event of activities.
- Organizer: Dakota Renz / Benton City Chamber of Commerce
- PNWBA Board Representative: Doug Canada
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Canada - Email: email@example.com
- Dakota Renz - 509-378-2946
PNWBA BBQ Prize Pool:
$3,000 Prize Pool with potentially additional added from additional sponsors.
- Grand Champion - $500
- Reserve Grand Champion - $300
- 1st - $200
- 2nd - $150
- 3rd - $100
- 4th - $60
- 5th - $40
- Pork Ribs
Load in times:
Friday Sept 9th, 2022 11am until 4:45pm. If there is an issue with loading in before the cooks meeting, contact Lance via cell to make arrangements.
- Friday Sept 9th from 1pm to 4:30pm.
REQUIRED Cook’s Meeting:
- Friday, Sept 9th 5:00 pm - 1 member from each cook team required to attend, no exceptions.
- Awards on Saturday, Sept 10th at 5:00pm (or earlier if processing completes earlier)
Load out times:
- Saturday, Sept 10th after the awards
11pm - 6am.
Turn-in Times on Saturday, Sept 10th:
- 10:55 am to 11:04:59 am – Pork
- 11:55 am to 12:04:59 pm - Brisket
- 12:55 pm to 1:04:59 pm - Chicken
- 1:55 pm to 2:04:59 pm - Ribs
Note that turn-in window is different for those who have competed in SCA events and turn-in order may be different than other organizations.
Vending (Optional and Pending):
- One team member must have current WA food handler card.
Current Covid safety protocols by the state, county and facility will be observed.
Please review the Team Rules Page, even if you are an experienced team. Each site will be inspected to meet these requirements. If you are a new to competition BBQ team or new to PNWBA competitions, we recommend visiting our New Team Info page.
Entry fee is $195.00 USD and is non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation by the event coordinator, $182.50 will be refunded from the entrant’s payment. Regardless of the situation, a designated amount of $12.50 from the entry fee is non-refundable to cover payment and event processing expenses.
Entry Payment Due:
Entry fees must be paid at the time of registration.
Power - provided, however is limited levels. It is suggested to bring a power generator as a backup.
Potable Water - provided by venue
Trash disposal – provided by venue
Ash disposal – provided by venue
Grease disposal – provided by venue
Grey water disposal – provided by venue
Team Event Size:
20x20 – If you require a larger footprint or can fit in a smaller footprint, contact the organizer.
806 Dale Ave, Benton City, WA 99320
RV and Hotel Accommodations:
Benton City and Tri-Cities has several hotel options.